Baptism is a time for celebration and joy because the newly baptised become members of God's family, the Church.
Baptism, requires a special level of commitment from both the child and their parents. It is important for families to understand the commitment they will undertake over the coming years. This is the reason why the Church requires parents and godparents to attend a course regarding the responsibilities of baptism.
What To Do
Follow these steps to arrange your child's Baptism. Please note that to have your child baptised in the Catholic Church one, or both, of the parents must be a Baptised Catholic.
1. Contact the Parish by using the Submission Form on this page. Select a date for the Baptism Course. Please ensure that the date chosen is suitable for both yourselves and the Godparents/Christian Witnesses.
2. When choosing somebody to act as a Godparent at a Baptism in the Catholic Church it is important to remember that:
3. Attend the Baptism Course which is held in the Parish Meeting Room (behind the Presbytery).
4. Collect the Baptism Booking Form from the Baptism Course.
5. Complete and return the Baptism form to the Parish Priest either after Sunday Mass or at the Presbytery.
Baptisms at St. Mary of the Angels are celebrated at 12 noon on Sunday.